- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 6 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Unbaked pastry for 9-inch, 2-crust pie
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line a 9-inch pie plate with 1 pastry crust. Mix flour, sugar and cinnamon together. Stir in blackberries. Turn into crust. Dot with butter.
- Cover with top pastry, seal, flute edges and cut slits to allow steam to escape. Cover edge with 2-3 inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning. Remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 35-45 minutes till crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust. Cool on rack