BLACKBERRY RASPBERRY TRUFFLE CAKE
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12-15 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 2 (18.25 oz) packages of devil food cake mix ( I used Betty Crocker supermoist devils food cake mix)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cp vegatable oil
- 1 1/3 cp water
- 1 1/4 cps light sour cream
- 1 (12 oz) package semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/2 cps whipping cream
- 1/2 cp seedless blackberry jam
- 1/2 cp seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cp water
- 1 (8 oz ) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cp powdered sugar
- 1 (16 oz ) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (not imatation)
- 3 to 3 1/2 cp pecans, toasted and chopped (halves and pieces)
- Garnish: 1/4 cp blackberry and raspberry candies (opt)
- Beat first 5 ingredients at med. speed with electric mixer for 2 min. or until blended.
- Grease 3 (9 in.) parchment or waxpaper lined round cakepans. Pour batter evenly into cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 min. or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake layers in pans on wire rack for 15 min. Remove from pans and remove paper. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Combine chocolate morsels and whipping cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly, or until is smooth, about 10 minutes. Pour into a mixing bowl: cover and chill 1 1/2 hours or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Cook jams and 1/4 cp water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly 5 min. or until jam melts. Brush tops of cake layers with jam mixture.
- Beat chocolate mixture at med. speed with a electric mixer until stiff peaks appear, about 20 sec. (do not overbeat)
- Place one layer glazed side up on a cake platter. Spread with half of choc. mixture. Top with other layer glazed side down, spread with remaining choc. mixture. Top with remaining layer glazed side down. Secure with wooden skewers down through the layers.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with a electric mixer on med. speed until smooth. Add whipped topping and vanilla, beating until smooth. Working quickly frost top and sides of cake with cream cheese mixture. Press pecan halves around side of cake, and garnish.
NotesYes this is another Southern Living recipe, lol. I have a collection of cookbooks from them. Every recipe I have used has been a great one. So I am hooked on their recipes. Or can you tell. He he