- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 4-6 servings.
- Preparation Time:
- 1 750mL bottle of red wine (I use Merlot)
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 3 California navel oranges
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/4 cup applejack
- Slice one of the oranges into half moon sized pieces and set aside. Juice the remaining oranges into a medium sized saucepan. Juice the lemon into the pan, too.
- Add the frozen blackberries and sugar and bring to a boil. Let the concoction simmer on medium-high heat (it should bubble even when stirred), whisking until sugar and berries are dissolved.
- Let cool for ten minutes before straining the mixture into your serving container, which should measure 1 liter.
- Add the wine, applejack, and orange slices and refrigerate until cool. Serve over ice.
NotesSangria is my favorite type of libation. I started making my own at home because most varieties sold in stores are made using methods that are not vegan-friendly (gelatin and other animal based ingredients are used in filtering and other processes). It's totally worth the effort or making it from scratch for something that's so delicious!
The Blue Family Favorites<3
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More