- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 4-6 servings.
- Preparation Time:
- 1 750mL bottle of red wine (I use Merlot)
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 3 California navel oranges
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/4 cup applejack
- Slice one of the oranges into half moon sized pieces and set aside. Juice the remaining oranges into a medium sized saucepan. Juice the lemon into the pan, too.
- Add the frozen blackberries and sugar and bring to a boil. Let the concoction simmer on medium-high heat (it should bubble even when stirred), whisking until sugar and berries are dissolved.
- Let cool for ten minutes before straining the mixture into your serving container, which should measure 1 liter.
- Add the wine, applejack, and orange slices and refrigerate until cool. Serve over ice.
NotesSangria is my favorite type of libation. I started making my own at home because most varieties sold in stores are made using methods that are not vegan-friendly (gelatin and other animal based ingredients are used in filtering and other processes). It's totally worth the effort or making it from scratch for something that's so delicious!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
It's all about that proteinSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More