- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound of Shrimp
- 2 teaspoons of blacken season (old bay makes a nice one) you can use more of the blacken season if that does not cover the shrimp.
- 1/2 cup of green onions
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of basil (fresh)
- 2 - 2 1/2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 1/4 cup of dried parsley
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan Reggiano
- 1/2 cup of Swiss Cheese
- 3/4 box of Fettuccine Rigate
- salt to taste
- Peal and devein the shrimp, place in a little plastic bag, add blacken seasoning and shake the bag until the shrimp are coated.
- Chop up the green onions (if you have kids make sure you cut the onions up really small), chop the garlic, and cut the basil in little strips.
- Place large pot of water on the stove and cook fettuccine rigate according to directions on the box. While the pasta is cooking
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a heavy (or cast iron) skillet. Once the butter is melted place shrimp in skillet and cook until done. (Takes about 4 minutes) Take the shrimp out of the pan and place off to the side. (It does not matter if they get room temperature because it will only take a minute to reheat them and then they will not get tough)
- Hopefully there is a little butter left in the bottom of the pan, if not add a smidge of butter, and cook the onions and garlic. This should only take 2 or so minutes because you do not want the garlic to burn and green onions get soft quickly. Once the onions and garlic are soft add the spices, black pepper, white pepper, red pepper, basil, thyme, and parsley and stir in the cream. The cream if you use heavy cream will thicken.
- ( If you change the recipe and use half and half or something fat free it will not thicken and you will have to add cornstarch, but donâ€™t add the cornstarch until after you add the cheese).
- Once the cream has thickened, taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. If you like more heat add more red pepper flakes. Add in the cheese. This will make the sauce thick. Stir until cheese is just about melted add the shrimp for the last minute of so of cooking and cook until they are hot and the cheese is melted. Taste the sauce and salt according to taste. (I do not salt until after the sauce is done because the cheese is salty)
- Drain the pasta and mix with shrimp and sauce. Serve with a green salad and some bread.
NotesIf you change the recipe and use half and half or something fat free it will not thicken and you will have to add cornstarch, but don't add the cornstarch until after you add the cheese). I found a recipe from allrecipes and modified to my taste. I hope you enjoy
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
The Naked Macaron
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More