BLACKENED CHICKEN & RICE BOWL
Blackened Chicken & Rice Bowl
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken, sliced into strips or cubed
- vegetable oil
- blackened seasoning (I used Zatarains)
- 1 (8 ounce) yellow rice (I used Goya)
- 1 (15.5 ounce) black beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies (my addition)
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- chopped onion
- sour cream
Heat oil in skillet. Cover chicken with blackened seasoning and fry chicken until it reaches internal temperature of 170 degrees.
Make rice according to package instructions and season with salt and pepper. Heat black beans and tomatoes in same pan, mixing well. Season with salt and pepper.
When all complete, assemble bowls. Rice, black beans and tomato mixture, and chicken. Top with cheese, onions, and sour cream.