- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken, sliced into strips or cubed
- vegetable oil
- blackened seasoning (I used Zatarains)
- 1 (8 ounce) yellow rice (I used Goya)
- 1 (15.5 ounce) black beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies (my addition)
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- chopped onion
- sour cream
- Heat oil in skillet. Cover chicken with blackened seasoning and fry chicken until it reaches internal temperature of 170 degrees.
- Make rice according to package instructions and season with salt and pepper. Heat black beans and tomatoes in same pan, mixing well. Season with salt and pepper.
- When all complete, assemble bowls. Rice, black beans and tomato mixture, and chicken. Top with cheese, onions, and sour cream.
NotesThis is an awesome dish! I call it a home version of Chipotle Bowls! My DH said it would of been good with mexi-corn added and he was right! I know I'll be making this again so mexi-corn it is! The Zatarains Blackened Seasoning was sooooo good but you could make your own if you prefer! Another great chicken dish to put on your dinner table!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More