- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken, sliced into strips or cubed
- vegetable oil
- blackened seasoning (I used Zatarains)
- 1 (8 ounce) yellow rice (I used Goya)
- 1 (15.5 ounce) black beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies (my addition)
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- chopped onion
- sour cream
- Heat oil in skillet. Cover chicken with blackened seasoning and fry chicken until it reaches internal temperature of 170 degrees.
- Make rice according to package instructions and season with salt and pepper. Heat black beans and tomatoes in same pan, mixing well. Season with salt and pepper.
- When all complete, assemble bowls. Rice, black beans and tomato mixture, and chicken. Top with cheese, onions, and sour cream.
NotesThis is an awesome dish! I call it a home version of Chipotle Bowls! My DH said it would of been good with mexi-corn added and he was right! I know I'll be making this again so mexi-corn it is! The Zatarains Blackened Seasoning was sooooo good but you could make your own if you prefer! Another great chicken dish to put on your dinner table!