BLACKENED SCALLOPS WITH PASTA
- 1 lb. Sea scallops
- 9-12 oz. Package of pasta
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ yellow Onion, chopped
- ½ Tomato, chopped
- Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- Blackened Spices:
- 1/4 tbsp. Salt
- 1/3 tbsp. Each of Black and white Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Dry Mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp. dried Thyme Leaves
1. Mix blackening spices together. Dredge scallops in blackening spices.
2. Saute onion in 2 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet, add mushrooms after onions are translucent, set aside.
3. Cook pasta according to instructions.
4. Heat a pat of butter in skillet to high heat. Add scallops on high heat for 6-8 minutes.
Cover to keep warm, set aside.
5. Place pasta in a bowl.
Drizzle with olive oil and toss with lemon juice.
Add mushrooms, onions, tomatoes into pasta and toss.
6. Serve pasta, place scallops on top.