Blackened Scallops With Pasta
1 lb. Sea scallops
9-12 oz. Package of pasta
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
½ yellow Onion, chopped
½ Tomato, chopped
1 tbsp. Lemon juice
1/4 tbsp. Salt
1/3 tbsp. Each of Black and white Pepper
1/2 tsp. Dry Mustard powder
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/8 tsp. dried Thyme Leaves
1. Mix blackening spices together. Dredge scallops in blackening spices.
2. Saute onion in 2 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet, add mushrooms after onions are translucent, set aside.
3. Cook pasta according to instructions.
4. Heat a pat of butter in skillet to high heat. Add scallops on high heat for 6-8 minutes.
Cover to keep warm, set aside.
5. Place pasta in a bowl.
Drizzle with olive oil and toss with lemon juice.
Add mushrooms, onions, tomatoes into pasta and toss.
6. Serve pasta, place scallops on top.
Pairs Well With
If you like spicy food, this blackened scallops is definitely going to hit the spot! If you can't handle spicy food, I suggest you reduce the black and white peppers in half!