- Cooking Time: 1 hr.
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds lasagna sheets
- 2 cups hand cut 1/8-inch slices pepperoni
- 4 cups tomato sauce, recipe follows
- 1 pound ricotta
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 2 pounds bulk Italian sausage, cooked
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Tomato Sauce:
- 3 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 5 medium-sized garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 cups skinned and diced Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Boil 6 quarts of water, add pinch of salt, and cook pasta to almost done. Remove from water and shock in ice bath.
- In medium saucepan add pepperoni and saute over medium heat until crispy. Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel.
- In a 10-by-14-by-3-inch baking pan or dish, pour 1 cup of tomato sauce in bottom and around sides. Layer lasagna sheets on the bottom of the pan, overlapping by 1/2-inch. Add 1/3 amount of ricotta, 1/3 amount of mozzarella, 1/3 amount of sausage, then sprinkle generously with the Parmesan, add 1/2 cup tomato sauce, and 1/4 cup of pepperoni. Repeat this 2 more times.
- On the very top sheet, top with remaining ricotta, tomato sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, and dust with Parmesan. Bake for approximately 45 minutes. Remove from oven; let sit for 15 minutes. Cut and serve immediately.
- Tomato Sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook over medium to low heat until transparent. Add garlic and cook until almost brown. Then add tomatoes and cook for 1/2 hour over low to medium heat. Add the basil and oregano and continue to cook for another 1/2 hour. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper, cool and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More