Blended Chicken Cheeseburgers
• 1/2 lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
• 1 lb. lean ground chicken
• 1/2 small onion, finely diced
• 1/2 tsp garlic & herb seasoning
• 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
• 1 egg
• 5 hamburger buns
• 5 slices of American cheese
• Toppings: Lettuce, tomato, onion, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, pickles
1. Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
2. In a large bowl combine mushrooms, beef, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs and egg; mix all ingredients until incorporated. Form into 6 patties (1/3 lb), and cook either on the barbecue or on the stove-top until internal temperature reaches 160°F. During last minute of cooking, top patties with cheese. Keep warm until cheese begins to melt.
3. Place patty on warmed bun and top with lettuce, tomato and red onion.
Pairs Well With
These chicken and mushroom burgers are flavourful, simple to make and offer a lighter alternative to a traditional beef burger.