- Cooking Time: 11
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 3
- 2 6oz beef tenderloin medallions
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil for coating
- 1 TB Browned Butter; melted
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary sprigs; chopped
- 1 1/2 TB Blue Cheese; Crumbled – I used a creamy French blue (Blu de Moncenisio) this time, typical I use Gorgonzola
- 1 TB Panko
- 1/2 tsp Chives; chopped
- Preheat oven to 375
- Preheat a sauté pan over medium heat. (with a touch more brown butter if you wish)
- Season beef with salt and pepper and rub with a small amount of olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine the rosemary, blue cheese, bread crumbs, chives, butter, salt and pepper, set aside.
- Place beef in sauté pan and sear on both sides, only 45 seconds - 1 minute per side.
- Remove from pan and place on a small rimmed baking sheet.
- Divide blue cheese mixture between the medallions, pressing lightly to assure adherence.
- Move to oven and bake until desired temperature is reached (8 minutes for rare; about 10 for medium rare; 12 for medium... and so on)
- Personally I like it medium rare, as I think that is when it is the most tender.
NotesThis is delicious paired with a light Muscat, try to avoid the syrupy thick dessert Muscats. Yes, I know... White wine with beef!!! Blasphemy!!!! But it REALLY is Good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More