- Cooking Time: 11
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 3
- 2 6oz beef tenderloin medallions
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil for coating
- 1 TB Browned Butter; melted
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary sprigs; chopped
- 1 1/2 TB Blue Cheese; Crumbled – I used a creamy French blue (Blu de Moncenisio) this time, typical I use Gorgonzola
- 1 TB Panko
- 1/2 tsp Chives; chopped
- Preheat oven to 375
- Preheat a sauté pan over medium heat. (with a touch more brown butter if you wish)
- Season beef with salt and pepper and rub with a small amount of olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine the rosemary, blue cheese, bread crumbs, chives, butter, salt and pepper, set aside.
- Place beef in sauté pan and sear on both sides, only 45 seconds - 1 minute per side.
- Remove from pan and place on a small rimmed baking sheet.
- Divide blue cheese mixture between the medallions, pressing lightly to assure adherence.
- Move to oven and bake until desired temperature is reached (8 minutes for rare; about 10 for medium rare; 12 for medium... and so on)
- Personally I like it medium rare, as I think that is when it is the most tender.
NotesThis is delicious paired with a light Muscat, try to avoid the syrupy thick dessert Muscats. Yes, I know... White wine with beef!!! Blasphemy!!!! But it REALLY is Good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More