- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 sirloin steaks (3/4 lb each)
- 3/4 lb lean ground pork
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter
- These steak roll-ups are popular in the Netherlands, and are made to look like birds. Hence the name, which translates to blind finch. Buy steaks that are about 1/2 inch thick. Pound steaks to 1/4 inch thickness between 2 pieces of waxed paper, .
- Cut into 8X4 inch pieces. combine pork, bread crumbs, parsley, lemon juice, pepper, salt and nutmeg. Shape into 8 balls.
- Place one portion of pork at short end of each steak. Roll up steaks to enclose pork.
- Tie rolls with string at 1 inch intervals.
- In large heavy bottomed Dutch oven or 2 skillets, melt butter over high heat; brown roll-ups all over, in batches.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally or until pork is no longer pink.
- To serve, remove string, slice and spoon pan juices over top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More