- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Duncan Heinz yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 small pkg. vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- sliced almonds
- Cool Whip
- Make cake mix as directed, but use 3 egg yolks and 1 whole egg instead of what is called for. Save whites for meringue.
- Make meringue with 3 egg whites and 2/3 cup sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Divide batter between 2 round cake pans. Spread meringue on top of batter; sprinkle top of meringue with sliced almonds.
- Bake according to box directions; cool.
- Prepare filling by mixing instant pudding and 1 1/3 cup milk.
- To assemble cake, place one cake layer, meringue side down, on a serving plate; spread pudding filling. Place remaining cake layer, meringue side up, on top of pudding. Frost with Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
NotesIt's the almond/pudding/meringue filling that makes this so good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
culinary karmaSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More