- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Duncan Heinz yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 small pkg. vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- sliced almonds
- Cool Whip
- Make cake mix as directed, but use 3 egg yolks and 1 whole egg instead of what is called for. Save whites for meringue.
- Make meringue with 3 egg whites and 2/3 cup sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Divide batter between 2 round cake pans. Spread meringue on top of batter; sprinkle top of meringue with sliced almonds.
- Bake according to box directions; cool.
- Prepare filling by mixing instant pudding and 1 1/3 cup milk.
- To assemble cake, place one cake layer, meringue side down, on a serving plate; spread pudding filling. Place remaining cake layer, meringue side up, on top of pudding. Frost with Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
NotesIt's the almond/pudding/meringue filling that makes this so good.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Recipes for Vitality
Vegetarian RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More