- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dark brown Sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 cups AP Flour
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- (optional) 1/4 cup Heath Toffee Chips
- Line a 13x9 pan with parchment.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a sauce pan, melt butter.
- Stir in the brown sugars, stirring until "melted' and the mixture just begins to bubble (This is similar to making a Pecan pie)
- Whisk eggs and yolks together with Vanilla.
- Pour in the eggs in a steady stream, while whisking constantly to prevent scrambling.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold Flour into the egg mixture.
- Fold in Pecans and toffee chips (if using)
- Spread into the pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes (5 minutes less for dark pans)
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- Lift via parchment and cut when cooled.
NotesDeliciously buttery rich combination of pecans and brown sugar... If ya don't like "Brownies" they I urge you to try these.