- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 3-oz bags of thinly sliced shallots
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 5-oz. tub of blue cheese, room temperature
- Salt & Pepper
- Cover and cook shallots until they are a deep golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes, cool.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and sour cream in medium bowl to blend.
- Add blue cheese.
- Using rubber spatula, mash mixture until smooth. Stir in caramelized shallots.
- Season dip to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover dip and refrigerate until flavors blend, about 2 hours.
- Serve dip chilled or at room temperature.
- You can make this dip up to 2 days ahead of time.
NotesThis is the ultimate onion dip! Pass the potato chips!
Source: Adapted from Bon Appetit magazine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More