- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 3-oz bags of thinly sliced shallots
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 5-oz. tub of blue cheese, room temperature
- Salt & Pepper
- Cover and cook shallots until they are a deep golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes, cool.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and sour cream in medium bowl to blend.
- Add blue cheese.
- Using rubber spatula, mash mixture until smooth. Stir in caramelized shallots.
- Season dip to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover dip and refrigerate until flavors blend, about 2 hours.
- Serve dip chilled or at room temperature.
- You can make this dip up to 2 days ahead of time.
NotesThis is the ultimate onion dip! Pass the potato chips!
Source: Adapted from Bon Appetit magazine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More