- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 3 ounces)
- Prepare 1 side of barbecue (high heat), leaving opposite side unlit if gas grill or without coals if charcoal grill.
- Mix breadcrumbs and olive oil in small bowl, mashing to coat.
- Cut top 1/4 from each tomato.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon blue cheese.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- Arrange tomatoes (topping side up) on unlit side of grill.
- Cover grill and cook tomatoes until slightly soft and cheese melts., about 13 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
NotesHey! For everyone who has tomatoes in their garden... here's a recipe that might help you use up all those tomatoes when they start getting ripe. They'll go great with your grilled steaks.
Lets give thanks to Bon Appetit!