- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 3 ounces)
- Prepare 1 side of barbecue (high heat), leaving opposite side unlit if gas grill or without coals if charcoal grill.
- Mix breadcrumbs and olive oil in small bowl, mashing to coat.
- Cut top 1/4 from each tomato.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon blue cheese.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- Arrange tomatoes (topping side up) on unlit side of grill.
- Cover grill and cook tomatoes until slightly soft and cheese melts., about 13 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
NotesHey! For everyone who has tomatoes in their garden... here's a recipe that might help you use up all those tomatoes when they start getting ripe. They'll go great with your grilled steaks.
Lets give thanks to Bon Appetit!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More