- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 30 min.
- * 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- * 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- * 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- * 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- * 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- * 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut bread into 1-in. thick slices, but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Spread cheese mixture between slices. Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy -duty foil (about 28-in. x 18-in.). Fold foil around bread and seal tightly. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.