- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon raspberry extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cotton Candy Flavor Mix (or sub 1 tablespoon vanilla pudding mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon blue food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and the sugar with a hand mixer until thickened and lemon colored, about 2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla, raspberry, and lemon extracts, the flavor mix, and the food coloring; set aside.
- Place the milk and the cream in a medium sized saucepan. Heat over medium/low heat until the mixture just comes to a simmer. Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the hot cream and continue to heat until it comes to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce the heat and simmer for another two minutes. Remove from heat and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour the chilled cream into an ice cream maker and churn according to directions, about 30 minutes. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream into an airtight container and freeze for several hours.
NotesIf you're from Wisconsin or Michigan, you'll recognize this flavor of ice cream. Smurf blue and tasting like Fruit Loops...I love it! My rendition comes close to the real deal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Delightful DessertsSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More