- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- Sift together flour,baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together shortening and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla.
- Gradually add dry ingredients alternately with milk to creamed mixture beating well after each addition, using low speed.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and wax paper lined 9 inch round baking pans bake in 350 degree oven until done or when a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and continue cooling on wire racks.
- Use your favorite frosting to ice the cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More