- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- Sift together flour,baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together shortening and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla.
- Gradually add dry ingredients alternately with milk to creamed mixture beating well after each addition, using low speed.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and wax paper lined 9 inch round baking pans bake in 350 degree oven until done or when a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and continue cooling on wire racks.
- Use your favorite frosting to ice the cake.
Sharing Christmas with Friends
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More