- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups bleached all purpose flour (see note below)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli brand)
- Note: The recipe initially calls for 2 1/2 cups flour, but with the added note if you want them more softer and rounder cookie to add 1/4 cup flour. I add the 1/4 cup making it 2 3/4 cups total.
- Cream shortening, butter, sugars, then eggs and vanilla and almond extracts.
- Blend dry ingredients and add to mixture.
- Stir in Chocolate chips.
- Drop by large tablespoons (I use cookie scoop) onto ungreased cookie sheet, leaving 2-inches room in between to allow cookies to spread. I press down lightly with a measuring cup to bake more uniform cookies).
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes until lightly brown.
- Makes 2-3 dozen cookies depending on size.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
It's all about that proteinSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More