- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups bleached all purpose flour (see note below)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli brand)
- Note: The recipe initially calls for 2 1/2 cups flour, but with the added note if you want them more softer and rounder cookie to add 1/4 cup flour. I add the 1/4 cup making it 2 3/4 cups total.
- Cream shortening, butter, sugars, then eggs and vanilla and almond extracts.
- Blend dry ingredients and add to mixture.
- Stir in Chocolate chips.
- Drop by large tablespoons (I use cookie scoop) onto ungreased cookie sheet, leaving 2-inches room in between to allow cookies to spread. I press down lightly with a measuring cup to bake more uniform cookies).
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes until lightly brown.
- Makes 2-3 dozen cookies depending on size.