- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWatch the faces as they cut into a blue cake! Taste it. Then they will ask for the recipe!
- 4 cups self-rising or cake flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup oil, or softened butter or margarine
- 8 Tablespoons blue food coloring
- 4 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup each chopped pecans and almonds
- 2 pkgs. instant vanilla pudding
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine first seven ingredients. Slowly add food
- coloring. Mix at high speed. For filling (pudding), follow instructions as written on the box. Oil and slightly flour two 8" or 9" baking pans.
- Halfway fill each pan with batter, then add filling, and fill pan with batter.
- Bake for at least 45-60 minutes. Insert toothpick in center of cake.
- If tootpick comes out clean, then it is done. Cool, then frost.
- Cover each layer with chopped walnuts, pecans and almonds.
- Then cover frosted cake with remainder of chopped nuts.