- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8-inch square baking pan. In a medium mixing bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together flours, cocoa, baking powder, soda, and salt. Make a well in the center and add wet ingredients; mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in walnuts and blueberries. Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until center is firm and not sticky.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Makes 16 brownies.
NotesAdd some fresh summer berries to an old favorite. What a delicious difference!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More