- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 2-3 dozen
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 slivered almonds or other nut you prefer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter,oil, shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and almond extract until smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients: all purpose flour, almond flour baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt, then stir into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the oats and dried blueberries and almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets lined with Reynolds parchment paper.
- Bake approximately 10 to 12 minutes until light and golden. The cook time will vary depending on cookie size and altitude. Do not overbake.
- Let cool slightly before removing from cookie sheets.
NotesThis is the result of trying to bake cookies with great friends. We did not have enough of anything in the pantry so improvised ingredients to create this wonderful, hearty cookie. I get my dried blueberries and almond flour from Trader Joe's, but I imagine Costco or Whole Foods carries them as well. I want to try adding white chocolate chips next time around.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
The Social CookbookSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More