- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour - divided
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ripe banana, smashed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Preheat the over to 350' and grease an 8" square baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combing 3/4 cup of flour and sugar. Cut in the cold butter until you have "crumbs"
- Remove 1/2 cup of the crumbs and set aside.
- Add in the rest of the flour (1 cup), baking powder and soda, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Add the egg, banana and buttermilk
- Mix until just combined (you don't wanna over mix it). Toss the blueberries with 1 teaspoon of flour and fold them into the mixture
- Pour the mixture into your prepared dish. Sprinkle with the reserved "crumbs" and bake for about 45 minutes....or until you have a clean toothpick which has been stuck into the middle of the cake.
- Cool on a wire rack
NotesI discovered this recipe and made a few minor adjustments. And? Well...it's wonderful!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Get Fit With Good Food!
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More