- Cooking Time: 45 to 50 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup blueberries
- For the Topping:
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. For the Cake: Adjust the oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13×9-inch baking pan.
- 2. Whisk 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside. With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars together on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just incorporated. Reduce speed to medium and beat in one-third of the flour mixture until incorporated; beat in half of the milk. Beat in half of the remaining flour mixture, then remaining milk, and finally remaining flour mixture. Toss the blueberries with remaining 1 teaspoon flour. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in blueberries. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- 4. For the Topping: Scatter the blueberries over top of the batter. Stir the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the batter. Bake until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in pan 20 minutes, then turn out and place on serving platter (topping side up). Serve warm or at room temperature. (Cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.)
- * Note: If using frozen blueberries, do not let them thaw, as they will turn the batter a blue-green color.
NotesA rich, buttery coffee cake that is full of blueberries and has a cinnamon-sugar topping. Great for breakfast as well as dessert!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More