- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl of a free standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the oil, milk and eggs. Mix for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, evenly sprinkle the blueberries on top.
- In a small bowl, combine the 3 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon, then sprinkle over the blueberries. Bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
NotesThis recipe originates from 1954 and was titled Blueberry Boy Bait by a 15 year old Pillsbury contestant. This recipe won second place in the youth division. Named in honor of it powers with the opposite sex this recipe is one of the most popular recipes in the YankeeMagazine.com archive.
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More