- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl of a free standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the oil, milk and eggs. Mix for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, evenly sprinkle the blueberries on top.
- In a small bowl, combine the 3 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon, then sprinkle over the blueberries. Bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
NotesThis recipe originates from 1954 and was titled Blueberry Boy Bait by a 15 year old Pillsbury contestant. This recipe won second place in the youth division. Named in honor of it powers with the opposite sex this recipe is one of the most popular recipes in the YankeeMagazine.com archive.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More