- Cooking Time: 50-55 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 loaf thin sliced, firm white bread, 16-18 slices (I used Pepperidge Farm White Sandwich Bread)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup blueberry jam
- 1 cup blueberries
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees; spray a 9X13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Spread half of the bread slices with about a teaspoon of butter and a teaspoon of jam. Top the buttered bread with an unbuttered slice. Cut each sandwich in half, diagonally.
- Arrange the sandwich halves evenly in the casserole dish, standing some upright, if needed. Sprinkle the blueberries over the bread.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, nutmeg, and vanilla; pour evenly over the sandwich halves. Let the mixture sit for about 20 minutes to allow the eggs/milk to soak into the bread.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the custard is set. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm or cold.
NotesOur blogger Improv Challenge theme this month is Bread and Butter. What better way to celebrate bread and butter than with pudding? This is my creation....only a nice, warm blueberry sauce could make this even better!