- Cooking Time: 50-55 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryOur blogger Improv Challenge theme this month is Bread and Butter. What better way to celebrate bread and butter than with pudding? This is my creation....only a nice, warm blueberry sauce could make this even better!
- 1 loaf thin sliced, firm white bread, 16-18 slices (I used Pepperidge Farm White Sandwich Bread)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup blueberry jam
- 1 cup blueberries
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees; spray a 9X13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Spread half of the bread slices with about a teaspoon of butter and a teaspoon of jam. Top the buttered bread with an unbuttered slice. Cut each sandwich in half, diagonally.
- Arrange the sandwich halves evenly in the casserole dish, standing some upright, if needed. Sprinkle the blueberries over the bread.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, nutmeg, and vanilla; pour evenly over the sandwich halves. Let the mixture sit for about 20 minutes to allow the eggs/milk to soak into the bread.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the custard is set. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm or cold.