- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8-inch square baking pan. In a medium mixing bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together flours, cocoa, baking powder, soda, and salt. Make a well in the center and add wet ingredients; mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in walnuts and blueberries. Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until center is firm and not sticky.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Makes 16 brownies.
NotesAdd some fresh summer berries to an old favorite. What a delicious difference!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More