- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups flour sifted with
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Crumb topping:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup soft butter or margarine
- Cream butter and sugar; add beaten egg. Alternately add milk and flour sifted with salt and baking powder.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spread in greased and floured 9"x9" pan.
- Sprinkle with topping and bake at 350º for 40 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
NotesI found this recipe in the Evening Star & Daily News (Washington, D.C.) on August 9, l972 and have been making this for 35 years!!
I hope that you enjoy it as much as my family has.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Food Travels Through Italy
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More