- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick), unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 cups wild or cultivated blueberries
- Streusel Topping
- Heat oven to 350°. Butter a springform baking pan, and dust with flour, tapping out excess. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low, and add egg and vanilla, beating until fully combined.
- Add reserved flour mixture, alternating with the milk, a little of each at a time, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Remove from mixer. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; sprinkle streusel topping over cake. Bake until cake tester comes out batter-free, 60 to 70 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool for 15 minutes before serving.
NotesThis is a Martha Stewart recipe. SO good and easy! Great for late summer when blueberries are abundant and inexpensive!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More