- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick), unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 cups wild or cultivated blueberries
- Streusel Topping
- Heat oven to 350°. Butter a springform baking pan, and dust with flour, tapping out excess. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low, and add egg and vanilla, beating until fully combined.
- Add reserved flour mixture, alternating with the milk, a little of each at a time, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Remove from mixer. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; sprinkle streusel topping over cake. Bake until cake tester comes out batter-free, 60 to 70 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool for 15 minutes before serving.
NotesThis is a Martha Stewart recipe. SO good and easy! Great for late summer when blueberries are abundant and inexpensive!
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More