- Cooking Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- Servings: One Cake
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cake ingredients:
- 2 cups and 1-2 Tbsp of sifted, all purpose flour separated
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pint blueberries
- Topping ingredients:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- 2 Sift together the 2 cups of flour, the baking powder and the salt. Set aside. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg. Add the flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with the milk. Toss the beries with the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour (to separate and scatter evenly throughout the batter) and fold in. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Set aside.
- 3 Combine ingredients for topping with a fork to make crumbly mixture. Sprinkle this over the batter.
- 4 Bake for one hour, then test for doneness by gently inserting a fork. If it does not come out clean, give the cake another 5 to 10 minutes to bake.
- 5 When the cake has cooled, run a knife around the edges and lift the cake out of the pan. Serve with whipped cream.
NotesSuch a nice and tasty recipe to make you love the taste of blueberry in your mouth every time you pick up a piece. Very easy to make first timers don't worry and late timers just don't mess up.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More