- Cooking Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- Servings: One Cake
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cake ingredients:
- 2 cups and 1-2 Tbsp of sifted, all purpose flour separated
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pint blueberries
- Topping ingredients:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- 2 Sift together the 2 cups of flour, the baking powder and the salt. Set aside. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg. Add the flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with the milk. Toss the beries with the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour (to separate and scatter evenly throughout the batter) and fold in. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Set aside.
- 3 Combine ingredients for topping with a fork to make crumbly mixture. Sprinkle this over the batter.
- 4 Bake for one hour, then test for doneness by gently inserting a fork. If it does not come out clean, give the cake another 5 to 10 minutes to bake.
- 5 When the cake has cooled, run a knife around the edges and lift the cake out of the pan. Serve with whipped cream.
NotesSuch a nice and tasty recipe to make you love the taste of blueberry in your mouth every time you pick up a piece. Very easy to make first timers don't worry and late timers just don't mess up.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
MetroCooking DC 2013
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More