BLUEBERRY CINNAMON-BURST MUFFINS
- Cooking Time: 12-15
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter cut into small pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen wild blueberries
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly spoon 1/4 cup flour into a measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl, and cut in 3 tablespoons butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal, Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Place 1 cup sugar and 1/3 cup butter in a bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed I minute or until combined. Add eggs, I at a time, beating well after each addition. Lightly spoon 2 1/2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder,and salt, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries and cinnamon mixture (batter will be thick).
- My recipe had no time listed for baking, but mine took about 12 - 15 minutes.
NotesThe original version of these muffins won Courtney Ayers a blue ribbon; this adaptation was lightened a bit. A whole tablespoon of cinnamon in the batter makes these smell heavenly when they bake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More