- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- pinch ground cinnamon
- pinch table salt
- 6 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Biscuit Topping:
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal , stone-ground
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar , plus 2 teaspoons for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick), melted
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt together in large bowl.
- Add berries and mix gently with rubber spatula until evenly coated; add lemon zest and juice and mix to combine.
- Transfer berry mixture to 9-inch glass pie pan, place pie pan on rimmed baking sheet, and bake until filling is hot and bubbling around edges, about 25 minutes.
- Biscuit Topping:
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl to combine.
- Whisk melted butter, buttermilk, and vanilla in small bowl.
- Mix remaining 2 teaspoons sugar and cinnamon in second small bowl and set aside.
- One minute before berries come out of the oven, add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; stir with rubber spatula until just combined and no dry pockets remain.
- Remove berries from oven; increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Pinch off 8 equal-sized pieces biscuit dough and place on hot berry filling, spacing them at least 1/2 inch apart (they should not touch). Sprinkle each mound of dough with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake until filling is bubbling and biscuits are golden brown on top and cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool cobbler on wire rack 20 minutes and serve
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More