- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- pinch ground cinnamon
- pinch table salt
- 6 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Biscuit Topping:
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal , stone-ground
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar , plus 2 teaspoons for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick), melted
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt together in large bowl.
- Add berries and mix gently with rubber spatula until evenly coated; add lemon zest and juice and mix to combine.
- Transfer berry mixture to 9-inch glass pie pan, place pie pan on rimmed baking sheet, and bake until filling is hot and bubbling around edges, about 25 minutes.
- Biscuit Topping:
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl to combine.
- Whisk melted butter, buttermilk, and vanilla in small bowl.
- Mix remaining 2 teaspoons sugar and cinnamon in second small bowl and set aside.
- One minute before berries come out of the oven, add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; stir with rubber spatula until just combined and no dry pockets remain.
- Remove berries from oven; increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Pinch off 8 equal-sized pieces biscuit dough and place on hot berry filling, spacing them at least 1/2 inch apart (they should not touch). Sprinkle each mound of dough with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake until filling is bubbling and biscuits are golden brown on top and cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool cobbler on wire rack 20 minutes and serve
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More