- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryBlueberry Coffee Cake Muffins This recipe came from Barefoot Contessa Family Style Cookbook These are moist and keep well. We made them with cherries and they were just as good.
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces (about 1 cup) sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 half-pints fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place 16 paper liners in muffins pans.
- In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- With mixer on low speed, add eggs 1 at a time, then add vanilla, sour cream and milk.
- In separate bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With mixer on low speed add the flour mixture to the batter and beat until just mixed. Fold in blueberries with spatula and be sure batter is completely mixed.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pans, filling each cup just over the top
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top and cake tester comes out clean.