- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 - 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryContributor: Epicurious May 1998
My Notes: add more cinnamon to taste, and maybe some lemon rind
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts (or sliced almonds)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3/4 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- Combine salad oil, egg, and milk. Sift together dry ingredients and add them to the milk mixture. Mix well. In another bowl, combine all ingredients for topping.
- Pour cake batter into a greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Spread blueberries evenly over batter. Top that with the cinnamon nut mixture.
- Bake in 375°F oven 25 to 30 minutes.