- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 18-ounce package refrigerated sugar cookie dough, room temperature
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream, whipped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2. Spray a 9-inch pie pan and small cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl combine sugar cookie dough and flour until mixed. Remove about a quarter of the cookie dough; cover with plastic and refrigerate for later use. With floured hands, press unrefrigerated dough into bottom and sides of prepared pan. Place in freezer to firm up, about 15 minutes. On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll out refrigerated cookie dough 1/4-inch thick. With a floured cookie cutter, cut out stars or other shapes; place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake cookie dough pie crust until golden, about 11 minutes and stars for about 6 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup of the blueberries, the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in 2/3 cup water and the lemon juice. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil. Boil, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, crushing blueberries. Stir in remaining 2 cups blueberries; chill. Spoon blueberry mixture into cooled cookie shell. Decorate with the star-shaped cookies and whipped cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More