BLUEBERRY CORNMEAL PANCAKES
Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes
- Cooking Time: 5 min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- 1 1/2 cups coarse yellow cornmeal (I use Albers)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur White Wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey or real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- About 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (May use frozen-do not thaw)
Combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda and salt in a medium size bowl.
In a small bowl, combine honey or syrup, oil, buttermilk and egg. Stir well, and quickly mix into the dry ingredients. Let stand for 10 minutes to soften the cornmeal.
Preheat a griddle or large heavy skillet.
Lightly grease the hot griddle and your spatula. Pour on the batter, about 1/4 cup for each pancake. Then sprinkle the tops with the blueberries, and cook until the tops are bubbly. Turn and cook until golden on the other side.
Serve with butter, warm maple syrup.