BLUEBERRY DROP SCONES
- Cooking Time: 16-19
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup milk, plus more if needed
- coarse sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add cut up butter and toss to coat. Using your finger tips, rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles very coarse sand. A few large bits are ok, but try not to have any pieces larger than an average pea.
- Stir in dried blueberries. Add about 2/3 of the milk and stir. Add remaining milk gradually until the mixture comes together into a slightly sticky ball. Divide dough in eight even pieces and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with a bit of coarse sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 16-19 minutes, until scones are a light golden color. A toothpick should come out clean, but color is a reliable indicator for these
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More