- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 2-3 jars
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 cup blueberries, washed and dried
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 c sugar
- 1-2 pkg liquid fruit pectin
- 1 tsp butter
- 2-3 canning jars
- Put the blueberries, 1 package of pectin, and lemon juice into a large stock pot.
- Stir until mixture over medium-high heat until it comes to full boil.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Bring to full, rolling boil again, add butter to dissipate foam.
- Test jam for readiness by dropping a spoonful onto a plate and leaving the plate in the freezer for a few minutes. If the jam "gels" after cooling, it's ready. If not, add more pectin from the second packet until it reaches the right consistency.
- Ladle jam into hot canning jars to 1/4 inch top of jars.
- Either process jars in boiling water bath 5 minutes or store jam in the refrigerator until used.
NotesThis was our family's favorite fruit spread all year. It's great in plain yogurt!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Growers' Giveback Potluck
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More