- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 2-3 jars
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryThis was our family's favorite fruit spread all year. It's great in plain yogurt!
- 4 cup blueberries, washed and dried
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 c sugar
- 1-2 pkg liquid fruit pectin
- 1 tsp butter
- 2-3 canning jars
- Put the blueberries, 1 package of pectin, and lemon juice into a large stock pot.
- Stir until mixture over medium-high heat until it comes to full boil.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Bring to full, rolling boil again, add butter to dissipate foam.
- Test jam for readiness by dropping a spoonful onto a plate and leaving the plate in the freezer for a few minutes. If the jam "gels" after cooling, it's ready. If not, add more pectin from the second packet until it reaches the right consistency.
- Ladle jam into hot canning jars to 1/4 inch top of jars.
- Either process jars in boiling water bath 5 minutes or store jam in the refrigerator until used.