BLUEBERRY LEMON POUND CAKE
- Cooking Time: 75
- Servings: depends on slice size
- Preparation Time: 10-15
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs (room temp)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups flour & 1 cup flour for dredging berries
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pint fresh blueberries or 2 c. frozen, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Cream butter and sugar.
Add eggs one at a time and beat until light and fluffy.
Sift 2 cups flour, salt and baking powder together.
Add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture and beat.
Dredge berries in remaining flour.
Gently fold floured berries & lemon zest into the batter.
Grease and dust a bundt pan with confectioners' sugar or flour; pour batter into it.
Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.