- Cooking Time: 75
- Servings: depends on slice size
- Preparation Time: 10-15
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs (room temp)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups flour & 1 cup flour for dredging berries
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pint fresh blueberries or 2 c. frozen, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift 2 cups flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture and beat.
- Dredge berries in remaining flour.
- Gently fold floured berries & lemon zest into the batter.
- Grease and dust a bundt pan with confectioners' sugar or flour; pour batter into it.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
NotesThis was adapted from a friends plain pound cake after I had picked tons of blueberries.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More