- Cooking Time: 65
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryFrom unknown magazine
Each serving: approx. 195 calories, 3g protein, 31g carbohydrates, 7g total fat (1g sat), 28 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium.
I did not have any blueberries so I used frozen raspberries instead. My family loves it! The raspberries give it just a bit of tartness. The next time I make this I think I will give the tops a light sprinkling of toasted slivered almonds for a bit of crunch.
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1-1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat over to 350. Grease and flour 9 x 5" loaf pan.
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat margarine or butter and 1 cup sugar just until blended. Increase speed to medium; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Reduce speed to low; add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until well blended, occasionally scrapping bowl with rubber spatula. Alternately, add flour mixture and milk, mixing until just blended. Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon the batter into loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hr and 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center, comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- With skewer, (I use a toothpick) prick top and sides of warm cake in many places.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon juice and 1/3 cup sugar. With pastry brush, brush top and sides of warm cake with lemon glaze. Cool cake on wire rack.
- *They recommend you make 2 and freeze one)