- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2-1/3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tsp. powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400.
- Line 18 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, margarine and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks; blend well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 cup flour mixture; add remaining flour mixture to batter alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Blend well after each addition.
- Fold beaten egg whites into batter.
- Combine blueberries with reserved flour mixture and fold into batter.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately remove from pan.
- Sprinkle warm muffins with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More