- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2-1/3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tsp. powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400.
- Line 18 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, margarine and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks; blend well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 cup flour mixture; add remaining flour mixture to batter alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Blend well after each addition.
- Fold beaten egg whites into batter.
- Combine blueberries with reserved flour mixture and fold into batter.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately remove from pan.
- Sprinkle warm muffins with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More