- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg (1 lb/500g) frozen blueberries (Safeway Organic preferred)
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup, plus extra for serving
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 baguette or loaf of artisan bread
- Salt to taste
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch casserole or baking dish.
- Pour berries into the dish, add syrup, sugar and cornstarch. Stir until well blended and distribute evenly.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and vanilla. Add ¼ tsp nutmeg if desired.
- Slice bread into ¾ inch slices. Remove crusts if desired (we don’t).
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture to coat both sides. Place slices on top of blueberries in casserole. Pour any remaining egg mixture over the bread. If preparing ahead, cover and store overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 F./190 C.
- Bake in top 1/3 of the over for 35 to 40 minutes, or until blueberries are bubbling and toast is golden brown.
- Serve, removing toast to plate and covering with blueberries. Pass additional syrup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More