- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 to 8 sprigs of fresh mint or 3 TBS dried
- Juice of one lemon (there's that Meyer's lemon tree again)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (if you wouldn't drink it don't cook with it)
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- In a medium saucepan combine the berries, water, sugar and mint. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes or until the blueberries are soft. Add the red wine after 10 minutes. Remove from heat and using your kitchen wand, reduce everything until it is very smooth.
- Add the lemon juice, let cool slightly and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, whisk a little of the soup into the sour cream or yogurt. Pour it all back into the soup mixture and blend well. Garnish with a small dollop of sour cream.
NotesWith blueberries in good supply right now I thought you might like a cold fruit soup to prepare for the coming of summer. This is from one of my favorite cookbooks, Cold Soups, Warm Salads.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More