- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil or melted shortening
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400'. Line or grease 12 muffin cups.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup.
- In bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in egg, milk, and oil just until moistened (will be lumpy).
- Gently fold in berries.
- Spoon into muffin cups (2/3 full)
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Loosen, remove immediately.
- Options: replace the milk with buttermilk. sprinkle tops of each muffin with sugar prior to baking.
NotesMy aunt, who lives in Spokane really inspired me to bake. This is one of the recipes I got from her over 20 years ago.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More