- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy aunt, who lives in Spokane really inspired me to bake. This is one of the recipes I got from her over 20 years ago.
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil or melted shortening
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400'. Line or grease 12 muffin cups.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup.
- In bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in egg, milk, and oil just until moistened (will be lumpy).
- Gently fold in berries.
- Spoon into muffin cups (2/3 full)
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Loosen, remove immediately.
- Options: replace the milk with buttermilk. sprinkle tops of each muffin with sugar prior to baking.