- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil or melted shortening
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400'. Line or grease 12 muffin cups.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup.
- In bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in egg, milk, and oil just until moistened (will be lumpy).
- Gently fold in berries.
- Spoon into muffin cups (2/3 full)
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Loosen, remove immediately.
- Options: replace the milk with buttermilk. sprinkle tops of each muffin with sugar prior to baking.
NotesMy aunt, who lives in Spokane really inspired me to bake. This is one of the recipes I got from her over 20 years ago.
The Blue Family Favorites<3
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More