- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups; set aside.
- Mix flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Mix sour cream, milk, oil, egg, orange peel and vanilla in medium bowl. Add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be thick and slightly lumpy). Gently stir in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Mix 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean. Serve warm with Honey Butter, if desired.
- - Apple Muffins: Prepare batter as directed. Use 1 cup peeled, cored and chopped apple in place of the blueberries.
- - Raspberry Muffins: Prepare batter as directed. Use 1 cup raspberries in place of the blueberries.
NotesMake weekend mornings extra special with warm Blueberry Muffins. Serve with cinnamon- and nutmeg-spiced Honey Butter, if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More