- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI've had this recipe a long time and is a family favorite, unfortunately I haven't baked them in a long time. This recipe comes from the "San Francisco a la Carte" cookbook by the Junior League of San Francisco.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine egg and milk, add butter. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in milk mixture, stirring with fork just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in blueberries. Ladle batter into 12 buttered mffins tins (I used Pam), filling each tin approx. 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve immediately or allow to cool.
- May be frozen.
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More