- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled butter or margarine, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter or margarine until particles are the size of small peas; make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and milk; add all at once to the well in flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in orange zest and blueberries.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately remove from pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
NotesIf using fresh blueberries, dust them lightly with flour; this helps prevent the blueberries from "bleeding" into the muffins.
If using frozen blueberries, add them frozen to the batter; this will help prevent them from "bleeding" our their juices.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
The Italian Exchange
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More