- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- 2 tbsp butter, cut up
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and orange peel; make a well in center and set aside.
- Stir together butter and boiling water until butter is melted.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, sugar and orange juice; stir in butter mixture.
- Add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove loaf from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Wrap in foil and store overnight.
- Makes 1 loaf (16 slices).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More