- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- 2 tbsp butter, cut up
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and orange peel; make a well in center and set aside.
- Stir together butter and boiling water until butter is melted.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, sugar and orange juice; stir in butter mixture.
- Add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove loaf from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Wrap in foil and store overnight.
- Makes 1 loaf (16 slices).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More