- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- 2 tbsp butter, cut up
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and orange peel; make a well in center and set aside.
- Stir together butter and boiling water until butter is melted.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, sugar and orange juice; stir in butter mixture.
- Add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove loaf from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Wrap in foil and store overnight.
- Makes 1 loaf (16 slices).
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
50 Shades of Taste
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More