- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 18-20 1-inch-thick slices of french bread
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries (about 12 ounces)
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Cut 18 1-inch slices from baguette and arrange in one layer in baking dish. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, nutmeg, vanilla, and 3/4 cup brown sugar and pour evenly over bread. Chill mixture, covered, until all liquid is absorbed by bread, at least 4 hours, and up to 1 day.
- In a shallow baking pan spread pecans evenly and toast in middle of oven until fragrant, about 8 minutes. Toss pecans in pan with 1 teaspoon butter and salt.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle pecans and blueberries evenly over bread mixture. Cut 1/2 stick butter into pieces and in a small saucepan heat with remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, stirring, until butter is melted. Drizzle butter mixture over bread and bake mixture 20 minutes, or until any liquid from blueberries is bubbling.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More