- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. flour
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 6 T. unsalted butter
- 1 c. fresh blueberries (or frozen blueberries, thawed completely)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- Place oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Preheat to 425 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper. To prevent scone bottoms from over-browning, stack the prepared cookie sheet on top of another cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix in the butter with a pastry cutter or two knives.
- The mixture should look like coarse crumbs.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, vanilla, cream, and orange zest.
- Add to the flour mixture and stir just until the dough comes together.
- Do not over-stir.
- Knead dough in the bowl four or five times, then transfer to a lightly floured surface or a large plate covered with waxed paper.
- Pat dough into a 7-inch circle and cut into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes, or until scones are browned.
NotesAfter having excellent scones at a local restaurant, I decided to recreate the recipe. This what I came up with, adapted largely from www.joyofbaking.com.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Adventures in CookingSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More